The house where President Ho Chi Minh lived and worked in December 1946. He wrote the appeal calling the whole Vietnamese people to stand up and fight the French invader, opening the war of resistance of the Vietnamese nation.
The owner of the house, Nguyen Van Duong, put aside the second floor of the house for President Ho Chi Minh and the Vietnamese delegation to work from December 3-19, 1946. Uncle Ho’s bed and working table are kept as they were.
President Ho Chi Minh chaired a meeting of the Standing Board of the Communist Party of Vietnam on December 18-19, 1946, putting forth the guideline for the national resistance war and adopting the appeal on national resistance war.
A rattan table and chairs where Uncle Ho sat and worked with cadres in the Party.
Some exhibits of Uncle Ho on show. In the picture is Uncle Ho’s shirt he often wore when he lived and worked in Van Phuc village.
The hand weights that Uncle Ho used for exercise during the time in Van Phuc village.
A picture illustrates Van Phuc village’s residents joining the fight for administration on August 17, 1945.
From 1938 to 1945, Van Phuc was the safety zone of the Party Central Committee. Many high-ranking Party officials came here to work to set up revolutionary bases. Some memorabilia still remains, including the pot of Mr. Nguyen Quang Oanh’s family used by comrade Nguyen Van Cu, Party General Secretary, when he lived and worked in Van Phuc from 1939 to 1940; and the bronze tray of Mr. Nguyen Van Chut's family used by comrade Truong Chinh, Party General Secretary, when he was in the village in 1940.
Weapons used by Van Phuc village’s residents during the resistance war
The house was recognized as a national relic in 1975 while the original version of Uncle Ho’s appeal on national resistance war was recognized a national treasure in 2012 and is now preserved at the Vietnam National Museum of History.